MindBody Massage uses a treatment plan which is relevant to your needs. Whether it is a Sports massage, a Meridian Acupressure massage or a treatment for an infant or child, we have the expertise to help you on your health and wellbeing journey.
Make An Enquiry
Meridian Acupressure Massage
Meridian Acupressure Massage specialises in the Chinese style of Meridian Acupressure which has been used for thousands of years with great success in eastern therapies and now becoming huge all over the world.
This style of massage consists of pressure on points along the meridians to stimulate energy flow which is qi, this is a Neuroholistic therapy that stimulates the nervous system to restore vitality and rejuvenate physical, emotional and mental health.
Sports Massage prevents and relieves injuries and conditions associated with training.
It is a great way to relieve and reduce the stress and tension that can build up within the body’s soft tissues while exercising.
A Sports massage can be carried out before, during, or after playing sport or exercising and uses techniques designed to increase endurance and performance, minimising the chances of injury. If there is an injury it reduces recovery time.
Remedial Massage uses specialised techniques to locate and help repair damaged or injured muscles with passive stretching, in turn speeding up the body’s recovery.
Benefits Of Remedial Massage Include:
- Stimulation of the blood supply allowing toxins in the muscles to be removed
- Calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort;
- Toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility
- Improvement to the health of muscle cells
- Repairing of tissues and the easing of stiffness and tension
Swedish Massage uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage.
The Five Basic Strokes Are:
- Effleurage (sliding or gliding)
- Pretrissage (kneading)
- Tapotement (rhythmic tapping)
- Friction (cross fibre) and vibration & shaking
Swedish massage has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee over a period of eight weeks and has also been shown to be helpful in individuals with poor circulation.
The main purpose of ‘Swedish Massage’ is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles.
Other Benefits Include:
- Shortening recovery time from muscular strain
- Increased circulation without increased heart load
- Stretching of ligaments and tendons
- Skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system
- It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as part of a regular program for stress management
Infant Massage is where parents are taught how to massage their baby and to read the signs which a baby will give you.
- Firstly find out which oils are best for your baby
- Note that while teaching your child it is ok to say NO to someone touching them
- Learn massage techniques to soothe and relax your child
- Be aware of situations when massage is not recommended
- Prevent / relieve colic and constipation
- Learn exercises to keep baby flexible and assist with lymphatic drainage
- Facilitates weight gain and positive development in pre term infants
- Enhances attentiveness
- Alleviates anxiety
- Reduces pain and stress hormones
- Improves Immune function
- Creates a bond with your child
Cupping is an Ancient Egyptian and Chinese style of therapy which uses cups and vacuum to pull up the skin, tissue and blood to relieve rigid muscles. A more modern version of cupping uses a rubber pump to create the vacuum inside the cup.
Raising blood to the surface also flushes the tight restricted muscles with fresh new blood containing oxygen and nutrients to help maintain muscles, keeping muscles supplied well will also help them to recover from tension and tightness which stubborn muscles will not want to release.
This type of therapy works well with those very tight knots which have been ignored over a long period of time or a person that hasn’t maintained their bodies with ongoing maintenance, it is amazing how quick this type of treatment can work without using too much effort.